Monday, 27 June 2011
Chocolate Coffee Truffles|
Sorry, I cant remember where I got this recipe, but when I find it, I'll update it!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Semi-Sweet Morsels
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound melted dark chocolate candy coating for dipping or unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, stirring till melted. Combine coffee and hot water and added to truffle mixture, stirring till smooth.
Chill about 20-30 minutes or until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
Then you can either roll in unsweetened cocoa powder or,
In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Inspired by: Megan's Cooking
These truffles would go perfectly in these favor boxes or bags:
Monday, 20 June 2011
Give your 4th of July Wedding a big bang.
Enjoy the outdoors, parades, family
and sense of community on this glorious Holiday.
Be thankful for all we have and all we can be.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday.
Row 1: ehowto, tipjunkie
Row 2: marthastewart, goldengirlofthe west
Row 3: tipjunkie
Click on the photos to view details.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Friday, 17 June 2011
Can you feel the gentle breeze blowing?
Can you feel the Music?
Do you hear the flutter of Wings?
What a great atmosphere for an outdoor wedding.
Wedding Photos By:
Butterfy, Musical Note Bottle Stoppers
Butterfly Placecard Holders
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
Everyone loves to celebrate the 4th of July
and the freedom we have to enjoy life.
We found a cute idea for cupcakes
to make with your family.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 box of favorite white cake mix
Prepare muffin pan and preheat oven according to cake package. Mix cake batter according to package and divide into 3 bowls. You will leave one bowl white and color the other 2 bowls. For the red layer, add as many drops of food coloring until you get the color desired. For the blue layer, add as many drops of food coloring until you get the color desired. Carefully pour each layer into the prepared muffin pan, about 2/3 full for each cupcake. You can layer them in any order you choose, it doesn't have to be bottom layer red, middle layer white and top layer blue. Frost with your favorite frosting. If you wish, you can sprinkle red and blue sugar crystals on top.
Inspired By: recipeslisaandfriends
Dare to be different this July 4th
and mix up your cupcake wrappers.
Located under Cupcake Wrappers and Toppers Tab.
Monday, 13 June 2011
This tastes as yummy as it looks. Great for those hot summer evenings.
Prep Time: 30 Min Ready In: 30 Min
- 3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted black olive halves
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor of the raw onion. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, black olives, onions with the lime juice, and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend. Dig in and be prepared for a pleasant surprise! Inspired By: All Recipes
This great tasting Salsa is an experience you won't soon forget.
Prep Time: 15 Min Ready In: 15 Min
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, green bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno and garlic salt. Mix well and serve. Inspired By: All Recipes
Light the Grill. These are just tasty and easy.
Serves: 8 Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium-sized watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, 3 tablespoons honey, garlic chili sauce, and salt.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch-thick wedges. Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill. Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro. Inspired By: Mr Food
We hope you enjoy these recipes we found for Watermelon,
a summer staple in everyone's home.
Friday, 10 June 2011
We found some great, unique Fathers Day Desserts for
your FAB DAD.
12 pieces lasagna
4 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar, divided
8 kiwis, peeled
4 cups strawberries, washed and trimmed, 8 reserved for garnishing
4 cups blackberries, washed
1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds
Mint sprigs, to garnish
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
In the food processor, puree 4 kiwis with 2 tablespoons sugar. Transfer the puree to a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
In the processor, puree half the strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree into a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
In the processor, puree half the blackberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree and set it aside.
Slice the kiwis into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Slice the strawberries into 1/8-inch thick pieces. Slice the blackberries in half.
Reserve 1/4 cup of each of the purees to use as a garnish when serving.
To assemble the lasagna, first cover the bottom of a 9-inch-by-13-inch glass baking pan with 3 pieces of pasta. Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta on top and spread it evenly. Pour the kiwi puree over the cheese and arrange the kiwi slices on the puree. Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with 1/2 the remaining cheese. Pour the strawberry puree over the cheese and sprinkle with sliced strawberries. Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with the remaining cheese. Pour the blackberries puree over the cheese and sprinkle with blackberries. Top with a final layer of pasta. Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
Just before serving, sprinkle the lasagne with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and with the toasted almonds. Cut into 8 rectangles and use a spatula to set the pieces on dessert plates. Decorate the plates with dots of reserved purees. Garnish each piece of lasagna with a strawberry and a sprig of mint. Inspired By: Recipe Gold Mine
Chocolate Coconut Bars
Prep Time 15 minutes Total Time 1 hour Yield Makes 20
- 3 cups finely ground cookies (12 ounces), such as graham crackers or chocolate wafers, or a combination
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly splash a 15-by-10-inch rimmed baking sheet evenly with water, then line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined. Evenly press onto bottom and up sides of prepared baking sheet. Bake, rotating halfway through, until firm, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool, about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle cooled crust evenly with pecans and chocolate. Pour condensed milk over the top, spreading to cover completely (do not let it drip over the edges). Sprinkle with coconut.
Bake until coconut is toasted, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely. Trim edges, if desired, and cut into equal-size bars.
Sweetened condensed milk is made by heating whole milk and sugar until much of the liquid has evaporated. Do not substitute evaporated milk, which is unsweetened. Inspired By: Martha Stewart
Grilled Peaches with Marcaspone Cheese
3 firm but ripe peaches, pitted, quartered
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dry white wine
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Lightly brush the grill pan or rack with oil. Place the peaches on the grill pan and do not move the peaches, otherwise you will not have those great grill marks. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes per side to get those grill marks. Grill the peaches until the grill marks are formed, slightly softened and heated through, about 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, stir the sugar, brandy, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to blend. Set the brandy mixture aside.
- As the peaches are ready, remove them from the grill and place them in a shallow baking dish. Top them with the brandy mixture, and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes and allow to marinate, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend.
- Divide the grilled peach mixture equally among 6 coupe dishes. Pour the wine over the peaches. Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop the peaches, and serve. Serves 6.
Inspired By: YumSugar
Apple Dumplings with Carmel Sauce
2 Servings Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball; divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a well-floured surface, roll each portion of dough into an 8-in. square. Cut apples in half horizontally; place an apple bottom on each square. Place brown sugar and cinnamon in the core of each bottom; dot each with 2 teaspoons butter. Replace apple tops.
- Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Add the sugars, butter and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until smooth and blended. Pour over dumplings.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings. Inspired By: Taste of Home
We hope you have enjoyed our blogs to make an enjoyable
Fathers Day for those special men in your life.
Wednesday, 08 June 2011
We found some very unique Fathers Day Salads.
Sweet and Tangy Watermelon Salad
Stir together vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar almost dissolves. Add watermelon, cucumber and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Inspired By: Kitchendaily
Thai Green Mango Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 firm unripe mangoes (mangoes may be green or red-orange in color)
- 1/4 cup dry shredded unsweetend coconut (the kind you use for baking)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced
- handful of peanuts or cashews, left whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Optional: 1 cup cooked chicken (sliced), cooked shrimp, or fried tofu if
vegetarian (cut into small cubes)
- Optional: 1 fresh-cut red chili
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce, OR vegetarian fish sauce, OR 4 Tbsp.soy sauce
- 3-4 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. (or more) brown sugar (to taste)
- 1-2 tsp. Thai chili sauce
- Place coconut in a frying pan or wok (no oil required). "Dry-fry" the coconut as if you were stir-frying it 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until it turns a light golden-brown and is fragrant. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix together all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl or cup. The dressing should be a mingling of sweet, sour, spicy and salty, but more sweet than sour. Set aside.
- Using a sharp pairing knife, peel skin from mangoes. The flesh of the mango should be firm and light yellow-orange (note: the photo above was taken in direct sunlight and is brighter than usual).
- Using a medium to large-size grater (the kind you would use for cabbage salad), grate the flesh of the mangoes into a mixing bowl. Keep in mind there is a large flat stone at the mango's center.
- Add the bean sprouts, coriander, spring onions, cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu (if using), the fresh-cut chili, plus half the toasted coconut. Toss well to combine.
- Add the dressing and toss again. Do a taste-test. Add more fish sauce or soy sauce instead of salt. If you prefer it sweeter, add a little more sugar (honey works too). If you prefer more spice, add more chili sauce. If too salty or sweet, add more lime juice.
- Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle the nuts over top plus the basil and remaining toasted coconut. Enjoy! Inpsired By: Thai Food About
Make Ahead Tip: To make this salad for a party, grate the mango ahead of time and place in a covered container in the refrigerator. Also toast the coconut, prepare the dressing, and have the rest of the ingredients close at hand. Then when your guests arrive, simply put together, toss, and serve!
Lasagne Salad Supreme Recipe
2 quarts water
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 lasagne noodles, uncooked
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
6 cups torn, assorted salad greens
6 slices salami, cut in julienne strips
6 oz. brick cheese, cut in strips
1 can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
1 cup garlic flavored croutons
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring water to a rapid boil in a heavy 4 quart saucepan.
Add salt and oil.
Gradually add lasagne noodles, being sure water continues to boil.
Cook noodles uncovered until tender but firm, stirring occasionally.
Rinse with cold water.
Cut noodles into 1/4" x 2" strips.
Place cut noodles in a large salad bowl.
Add salad dressing and toss well.
Add salad greens, green onions, salami, cheese strips, artichoke hearts, croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Toss to coat all ingredients.
Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings. Inspired By: IfoodTV
Wild Rice Salad with Dried Sour Cherries
Use real wild rice, not the cultivated variety, for this salad; it takes longer to cook but has more flavor and a better texture.
1⁄2 cup wild rice
5 cups Chicken Stock
4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
3⁄4 cup dried sour cherries
1 rib celery, diced
1 scallion, trimmed and chopped
Leaves with 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put rice into a medium pot, cover with water, and swish around with your hand. Drain; repeat process until water is clear, 3-4 more times. Drain rice; return to pot. Add stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir rice once or twice and reduce heat to medium-low. Partially cover pot and cook rice until grains are swollen and tender but not blossomed, 50-60 minutes. Drain rice in a colander and let rest, undisturbed, for 10 minutes. Transfer rice to a large bowl to let cool.
2. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon and 2 tbsp. of the rendered bacon fat to bowl with rice. Add dried cherries, celery, scallions, parsley and vinegar and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with a sprig of parsley, if you like, and serve at room temperature. Inspired by: Recipebridge
Join us Friday for Fathers Day Desserts
Monday, 06 June 2011
As promised on Friday, we found some great side dishes for Dads Fab Day.
Asian Grilled Green Beans
Prep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Inspired By: Taste of Home
Sweet Herbed Carrots
2 Servings Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrots; cover with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard lettuce. Stir in the parsley, cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings. Inspired By: Taste of Home
Sour Cream and Dill Potato Salad
8 cups red potatoes, cut into bite sized chunks.
3 tsp. salt
Bring the potatoes to a boil in approximately 2 qts of water. and cook for about 8 minutes. They should be fork tender, but not too soft as they will keep cooking as they cool. Strain and cool.
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Generous amount freshly ground black pepper
Combine the ingredients in a bowl:
Add potatoes and combine. As you see, the salad should be quite "loose". This is because the potatoes will soak up some of the dressing. So, as you serve in the next few days (if it lasts that long) check again for seasoning and dressing. Serves 10-12 pp. Inspired by: bbq recipes for foodies
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/8 teaspoon finely ground pepper
Place potatoes with cold water to cover by 2 inches and ½ tsp salt
in large saucepan.
Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Add cabbage and boil for 10 more minutes until potatoes are tender
Meanwhile, place green onion in sieve, pour boiling water over
them and drain.
Add drained onion to a medium saucepan with milk, butter,
remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper, bring to a boil then remove from heat.
Drain cooked potatoes and cabbage and return to large saucepan.
Beat on low speed with hand held mixer until coarsely mashed.
Increase speed to high and gradually add milk and onion mixture
and continue to beat until potatoes are light and fluffy.
Inspired By: Group Recipes
We hope you enjoyed some of these unique
side-dish recipes we found.
Join us on Wednesday for Fathers Day Salad Ideas
Friday, 03 June 2011
We found some great BBQ ideas that are mouth-watering for DAD.
Kansas City BBQ Ribs
Serves: 12 Total Time: 2 hr 30 min Oven Temp: 350
- 1/3 cup(s) packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 4 rack(s) (2 to 2 1/2 pounds each) St. Louis-style pork ribs
- 2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup(s) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) hot water
- Prepare Ribs: In large bowl, combine sugar, paprika, mustard, celery seed, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chile powder, and 1 tablespoon salt. In 2 large (17" by 13") roasting pans, place ribs. Rub spice mixture all over ribs; arrange ribs overlapping in pans. Cover pans and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Prepare Sauce: In 4-quart saucepan, combine tomato puree, sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, chipotle chile powder, allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat to boiling on high, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover partially and simmer 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan. Pour 1 1/4 cups sauce into serving bowl and stir in hot water; reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover ribs and add 1 cup boiling water to each pan. Cover pans tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes or until tender. Uncover ribs and transfer to large serving platter.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium. Place ribs on hot grill grate, bone side down, and cook 2 minutes. Brush with sauce in pan and turn ribs over; cook 5 minutes. Repeat brushing and turning 2 more times, cooking ribs an additional 10 minutes.
- Cut racks into single-rib portions and arrange on platter. Serve immediately with reserved sauce. Inspired by: Delish
BBQ Burbon Ribs
Total Time 1 hr 15 min Prep 15 min Serves 5, about 6 ribs each
What You Need
2 Tbsp.brown sugar
1 cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
2 Tbsp. bourbon
Heat grill to medium. Mix sugar and seasonings; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place 1/2 the ribs in single layer on 30x12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. Bring up sides of foil; double fold top and 1 end of packet to seal. Repeat with remaining ribs and second sheet of foil. Add 1/4 cup orange juice through open end of 1 packet; double fold end, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Repeat with second packet.
Grill covered, 45 min. to 1 hour or until ribs are cooked through. Remove ribs from foil; discard foil. Return ribs to grill. Mix barbecue sauce and bourbon; brush onto ribs. Grill 15 min., turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce. Inspired by: Kraft
Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Ready In: 6 Hrs 30 Min
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins
- Place soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, dried onion, cinnamon, olive oil, and a touch of garlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal, and shake to mix. Place pork in bag with marinade, seal, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Place tenderloins on grill, and discard marinade. Cook 20 minutes, or to desired doneness. Slice into medallions, and serve. Inspired by: allrecipes
Midwestern-Style Beer Brats
Total Time: 40 min Prep: 5 min Cook: 35 min Yield: 6 servings
- 6 bratwurst sausages
- 6 cups lager beer
- 2 large onions, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red or green bell peppers, cored and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bratwurst buns or hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
Prick the bratwurst all over with a fork. In a medium pot, combine the bratwurst, beer, and half the onions. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until bratwurst are firm and cooked through. Transfer the bratwurst to a plate. Reserve some of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining onions and the bell peppers. Cook about 15 minutes or until very soft, tossing occasionally. Add the bratwurst to the skillet in the last 5 minutes of cooking to lightly brown. If the vegetables begin to get too dark, add a few tablespoons of the bratwurst cooking liquid. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
To serve, spread each bun with mustard. Fill each bun with a brat. Top with sauteed peppers and onions. Inspired By: Foodnetwork
Join us on Monday for Fathers Day Sides
Thursday, 02 June 2011
We found some very unique Fathers Day Gifts out there.
Hope you enjoy what we found.
When it comes to stocking the man cave, there are two essential tools every guy needs: a handy remote and a trusty bottle opener. Now they're one indispensible tool. Our universal remote control and bottle opener ensures he never needs to leave the couch to crack open a cold one. This all-in-one tool controls up to 8 devices and the strong, gripping bottle opener is designed to last season after season.
The best chefs always leave a little room for improvisation in their recipes, but not when it comes to timing. Getting the meat done to perfection is a must. This digital thermometer is as smart as they come and alleviates the need for hovering over the stove or grill. They just enter the cut of meat or program a temperature or level of doneness and the thermometer announces when it's done.
This gift basket is overflowing with enough munchies to satisfy anyone's snack-attack. Includes a flavorful option for every snack-time craving, from roasted salted almonds and cashews, to tempting trail mix, to delicious honey sesame sticks.
Our hand-dipped sports berries are perfect for any sports fan! Each gift box includes hand-decorated baseball berries, basketball berries and football berries that are sure to have them cheering for more. Send these to your favorite sports enthusiast or order them to arrive for your own get together.
Empty your pockets every day and watch the change add up. Pour coins into one end of this coin sorting bank and they come out all neatly rolled and ready to deposit into the bank. Drop in 50 coins at a time. The Digital Coin Bank sorts, counts, stacks, and if you choose, even wraps. Bank digitally displays total so you know how much money you have on hand.
When you're traveling, it can be hard to sleep in a strange room. This Travel Sound Machine surrounds you with a selection of 17 soothing sounds or white noise to help you relax and sleep well. There's also a built-in alarm clock with four waking sounds to choose from, including a jet lag reduction option. Voice memo function and dual clock offer added travel convenience.
Never be tethered by a cord again - the AirMan Cordless Air Compressor is the portable air pump that inflates where you need it. This handy compact multi-purpose air pump goes wherever, whenever to inflate car, motorcycle and even trailer tires, along with sports balls and bike tires. The AirMan Cordless Air Compressor uses your choice of power sources - a 9.6 rechargeable battery or a 12v power source adapter. Cordless versatility and power means you'll never have to be without your electric air pump again.
Join us on Friday for Fathers Day BBQ Ideas